Search This Document
Configure the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool to search for groups in an MDM domain
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Resource Kit for BlackBerry Device Service > BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool client.
- In the BlackBerry Group Search section, click Configure.
In the Administrator Credentials section, in the
Authentication Type drop-down list, perform one of
the following actions:
- If the administrator account that you want the tool to use to access the BlackBerry Device Service uses Microsoft Active Directory authentication, click Active Directory.
- If the administrator account that you want the tool to use to access the BlackBerry Device Service uses BlackBerry native authentication, click Native.
- In the Username field, type the user name of the BlackBerry Device Service administrator account. The administrator account must exist in and have the required permissions in every MDM domain that you want the tool to connect to.
- In the Password field, type the password of the BlackBerry Device Service administrator account.
- If necessary, in the Domain field, type the name of the Microsoft Active Directory domain.
- In the Add BlackBerry Domain section, in the Label field, type a label for an MDM domain.
- In the Hostname field, type the FQDN of the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Administration Service for the MDM domain (for example, BDS-HOST1.company.com).
- If necessary, in the Port field, type the port number that you want the tool to use to connect to the BlackBerry Administration Service. The default port value for a BlackBerry Device Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Server environment is 443. The default port value for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express environment is 3443.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 for each MDM domain that you want the tool to connect to.
- Click Save.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.