Create a role
If the predefined administrative roles do not meet your requirements, you can create a new role that you can assign to BlackBerry Administration Service administrator accounts. When you create a new role, by default, all of the permissions are turned off.
Ask your organization's BlackBerry Administration Service administrator to perform this task, or ask for access to an administrator account that you can use to perform this task.
- Log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service using an administrator account that has the required permissions to create and change roles (for example, the Security Administrator role).
- On the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand Role.
- Click Create a role.
- Type a name and description for the role.
- Click Save.
- In the Role information section, click the name of the role.
- Click Edit role.
- On the appropriate tabs, configure the permissions that you want to assign to the role.
- Click Save all.
Assign the role to an administrator account.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.