Run the BlackBerry Delayed Notifications Monitoring Tool from the command prompt
- See Prepare to run the log analysis tools.
- Copy the BlackBerry Messaging Agent (MAGT) log files to the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Delayed Notifications Monitoring Tool and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Log Analysis Tool.
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Delayed Notifications Monitoring Tool, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit > BlackBerry Analysis Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools > BlackBerry Delayed Notifications Monitoring Tool.
In the command prompt window, type DelayedNotifications and the
This parameter specifies that you use the tool in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
This parameter specifies the SMTP email address of the user account that you want to monitor.
To monitor all user accounts, type -u all.
Type any of the following optional parameters:
This parameter specifies the name of the file that contains the SMTP email addresses of the user accounts that you want to monitor.
You use a carriage return to separate each entry in the file.
This parameter overrides the value that is specified with the -u parameter.
This parameter specifies the location of the debug log files that you want to query if they are not in the same folder as the tool. If the path contains spaces, enclose the path in quotation marks ( " " ).
This parameter specifies the folder where the tool writes the output files. If the path contains spaces, enclose the path in quotation marks ( " " ).
This parameter specifies the abbreviation for the BlackBerry Messaging Agent log files. If you do not specify an abbreviation, by default, the BlackBerry Delayed Notifications Monitoring Tool uses MAGT.
This parameter specifies that the tool creates a more detailed output file for debugging purposes, and it specifies the name of the debugging file.
If you do not specify a file name, the tool displays the debugging information on the screen.
Example: Identifying all user accounts in a file that are in a delayed-notification state
DelayedNotifications -p E -u all -input users.txt
- If you want to view the help information for the tool, including the list of available parameters, in the command window, type DelayedNotifications -? or DelayedNotifications -help.
- If you configured the tool to use a UAC-compliant file path, the output file is located at <drive>:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\AMT\ or <drive>:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Research In Motion\AMT\. If you did not configure the tool to use a UAC-compliant file path, the output file is located in a file path relative to the current working directory, for example, <drive>:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit \BlackBerry AMT Tools.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.