Search This Document
Preview the synchronization process
Before you synchronize groups in Microsoft Active Directory with Universal Device Service groups, you can preview the synchronization process to identify and resolve any potential issues.
Map groups in Microsoft Active Directory to groups in an MDM domain.
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Resource Kit > BlackBerry Resource Kit for Universal Device Service > BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool client.
Perform one of the following actions:
- If you want to remove all user accounts from a Universal Device Service group if the Microsoft Active Directory group that it is mapped to does not exist in the directory, select the Force Synchronization check box.
- If you do not want to remove user accounts from a Universal Device Service group if the Microsoft Active Directory group that it is mapped to does not exist in the directory, clear the Force Synchronization check box. Details are written to the report and log file.
- If you want to view the report after the preview completes, select the Show Report check box.
- Click Preview.
- To review the report, click View > Report.
- To review the log file, click File > Open Application Data Folder.
After you resolve any issues, start the synchronization process.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.