Configure the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool to search for groups in Microsoft Active Directory
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Resource Kit > BlackBerry Resource Kit for Universal Device Service > BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool client.
- In the Directory Group Search section, click Configure.
In the Server Discovery drop-down list, perform one of the following
- If you want the tool to search for Microsoft Active Directory groups in the domain that you are currently logged in to, click Automatic. The Windows account that you are currently using must have read permissions for Microsoft Active Directory.
- If you want the tool to search for Microsoft Active Directory groups in a specific domain or server, click Manual.
- If necessary, in the Domain or Server field, type the name of the domain or server that hosts Microsoft Active Directory.
- If necessary, in the Port field, type the port number that you want the tool to use to connect to Microsoft Active Directory. The default port number is 389.
- If you want the tool to limit the search to a specific DN, in the Search Path DN field, type the path of the DN (for example, OU=Groups,DC=sample,DC=net).
- In the Maximum Results field, type the maximum number of Microsoft Active Directory groups that you want the tool to find and display.
In the Group search drop-down list, perform one of the
- If you want the tool to discover and list the Microsoft Active Directory groups automatically, click Automatic.
- If you want to search for Microsoft Active Directory groups manually using a search field, click Manual.
- Click Save.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.