Prerequisites: Preimplementation phase
- A current BlackBerry Technical Support number to get support during the installation process from the RIM Customer Support Organization. You might need this number during the installation, so make sure you have it ready.
- Confirm with your PBX vendor that it is possible to create a trunk from the PBX to the BlackBerry Mobile Voice System.
- Enough licenses on the PBX to configure the trunk from the PBX to the BlackBerry Mobile Voice System.
- Enough PBX user licenses to support a BlackBerry MVS Client for each user
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployments require either three or six DLUs per user depending on features
- If your organization is using Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1.5 or later, and using Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing-STD, you require one Adjunct license
- If your organization is using Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1.5 or later, and using Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing-Pro, this licensing covers the BlackBerry MVS requirements
- Avaya deployments require one EC500 license per user
- Nortel Networks deployments require one PCA license for each user
- Mitel Communications Director deployments require one Mitel Communications Director user license for each user
- Mediant SIP Gateway deployments require that you have enough IP2IP licenses installed. To see how many licenses are available, in the AudioCodes UI navigate to the Management > Software Update > Software Upgrade Key menu option. Each IP2IP session is simplex; therefore two sessions are required for a duplex session; one for each call leg. For each BlackBerry MVS call, there are two call legs; one to the device and one to the called party. If you need more licenses contact AudioCodes support.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 or later
Next topic: Best practice: Preparing your environment
Previous topic: Preimplementation phase