- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user connects to an organization's Wi-Fi network and authenticates with the BlackBerry MVS. During an active call with Party A, the user wants to transfer the call to Party B. The user presses the Menu key, clicks Transfer, and dials the extension number of Party B. The user places Party A on hold.
- The BlackBerry device starts a call establishment request, which includes the destination extension number of Party B. The device compresses, encrypts, and sends the request to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server over the Wi-Fi network.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server decrypts, decompresses, and sends the request to the MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector over a TCP connection.
- The MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector sends the request to the MVS Session Manager.
- The MVS Session Manager sends the request using SIP to the PBX over a UDP port.
- The PBX determines that the extension number is an internal number and rings the extension number over the organization's LAN.
- Party B answers the call, speaks to the BlackBerry MVS user over an RTP connection that the PBX opens, and agrees to accept the transferred call from the BlackBerry MVS user.
- The BlackBerry MVS user selects the complete transfer option on the device to complete the transfer.