- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user connects to an organization's Wi-Fi network and authenticates with the BlackBerry MVS.
- Using a desk phone, another user within the organization dials the extension number of the BlackBerry MVS user.
- The PBX creates a call establishment request and sends it to the MVS Session Manager over a UDP port using a SIP.
- The MVS Session Manager filters the request through the recipient's allowed caller list, blocked caller list, and call scheduling setting, and sends the request to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server compresses and encrypts the call establishment request, and sends it to the BlackBerry device over the Wi-Fi network.
- The device decrypts and decompresses the request, and accepts the call.
- The BlackBerry MVS user answers the call and voice communication occurs over an RTP connection that the PBX opens between the two endpoints.
Previous topic: Receiving a BlackBerry device–initiated call on a BlackBerry device from an external number