- During a Voice over Mobile call on a BlackBerry device, a BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user presses the Menu key, clicks Move Call, and clicks Desk.
BlackBerry MVS Client creates a call move
request. One of the following events occurs:
- If the user is in a wireless coverage area where data services are not available, the BlackBerry MVS Client uses DTMF tones to create the request, and sends the request to the MVS Session Manager over the wireless network.
- If the user is in a wireless coverage area where data services are available, the BlackBerry MVS Client compresses and encrypts the request, and sends it to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server over the wireless network. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server decrypts and decompresses the request, and sends it to the MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server ConnectorMVS Session Manager. The MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector sends the request to the MVS Session Manager.
- The MVS Session Manager sends the request to the PBX to establish a call to the extension number for the BlackBerry MVS user's desk phone over the SIP line.
- The PBX determines that the phone number is an internal number and rings the extension number over the organization's LAN.
- The user answers the call at the desk phone.
- The PBX verifies through SIP messaging with the MVS Session Manager that the call was answered.
- The MVS Session Manager ends the SIP trunk call leg with the device. The call ends on the device, and the user continues the call at the desk phone.