Search This Document
- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user makes a call from a BlackBerry device to a number that is external to the organization.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client creates a call establishment request, which includes the destination number. The BlackBerry MVS Client compresses and encrypts the call establishment request, and sends it to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server over the wireless network.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server decrypts and decompresses the call establishment request, and sends it to the MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector.
- The MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector sends the request to the MVS Session Manager.
- The MVS Session Manager sends a confirmation response to the device and, using a SIP trunk, requests that the PBX establish a call to the BlackBerry device using the mobile number.
- The PBX sends the call establishment request to the device over the PSTN and wireless network.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client receives a call. If the ANI in the incoming call matches the ANI that are specified in the Telephony Connector Caller Identification Number field or the Telephony Connector Optional ANI numbers available for identifying BlackBerry MVS calls fields of the MVS Console, or if no ANI exists, the BlackBerry MVS Client accepts the call. The BlackBerry MVS Client sends a verification code request to the MVS Session Manager using DTMF tones.
- If no ANI value in the incoming call, the MVS Session Manager sends a verification code response to the device using DTMF tones and, using a SIP line, requests that the PBX establish a call to the external number.
- The PBX determines that the extension number is external to the organization and rings the number over the PSTN.
- The recipient answers the call at an external phone.
- The MVS Session Manager uses DTMF tones to indicate that the call is connected to the device. The MVS Session Manager connects the SIP line call leg to the SIP trunk call leg. Voice communication occurs.
Next topic: Making a BlackBerry device–initiated call from a BlackBerry device to an external number