Search This Document
Forwarding a BlackBerry MVS call through a PBX
- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System administrator enables the user for call forwarding.
- The BlackBerry MVS user configures a phone number to forward calls to. The phone number can be internal or external to the organization.
- A caller dials the work number of the BlackBerry MVS user.
- The PBX creates a call establishment request and sends it to the MVS Session Manager over the SIP line.
- The MVS Session Manager filters the request through the BlackBerry MVS user's unknown caller ID setting, call scheduling setting, allowed caller list, blocked caller list and call forwarding settings.
- The MVS Session Manager detects that call forwarding is enabled and sends a SIP 302 redirect to the PBX.
- The PBX creates a call establishment request and redirects the call over the PSTN or LAN to the configured call forwarding number.
Next topic: Using DTMF tones
Previous topic: Adding an external user to a Voice over Wi-Fi call between a BlackBerry MVS user and another external user