Adding an external user to a Voice over Wi-Fi call between a BlackBerry MVS user and another external user
- Using Voice over Wi-Fi, a BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user, Party A, is on a call with an external user, Party B.
- Party A presses the Menu key on the BlackBerry device, clicks Add Participant, and dials the external number of Party C.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client creates a hold request. The MVS Session Manager places the SIP line call leg into a hold state through the PBX.
- The MVS Session Manager uses the SIP line interface to request that the PBX establish another call leg to the external number of Party C.
The PBX determines that the number is external to the organization and rings the external number of Party C.
- When Party C answers the call, Party A presses the Menu key and clicks Join Conference.
- The MVS Session Manager requests that the PBX join Party A, Party B, and Party C to the conference call.
- The MVS Session Manager, through the PBX, ends the hold state from the SIP line call leg.
- Voice communication occurs among Party A, Party B, and Party C.
Next topic: Forwarding a BlackBerry MVS call through a PBX
Previous topic: Adding a BlackBerry MVS user configured for PBX-initiated calling to a Voice over Mobile call between another BlackBerry MVS user and an external user