Using DTMF tones
- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user is on a call to a voice mail account using the work number. The BlackBerry device emits DTMF tones for one of the following reasons:
- The gateway detects and removes the DTMF tones from the media stream, and indicates to the PBX that it removed the DTMF tones.
- The PBX sends the DTMF tones to the MVS Session Manager using KPML over the SIP line.
Manager performs one of the following actions:
- If the MVS Session Manager recognizes the DTMF tones as a call control sequence for the BlackBerry MVS, it performs an action (for example, sending a response as DTMF tones using KPML over the SIP trunk) based on the DTMF tones that it received.
- If the MVS Session Manager does not recognize the DTMF tones, it relays the DTMF tones through KPML to the PBX over the SIP line.
- The PBX sends the DTMF tones to the gateway.
- The gateway emits the DTMF tones into the media stream.
Next topic: System requirements
Previous topic: Forwarding a BlackBerry MVS call through a PBX