Search This Document
Create a telephony connector for communication with a PBX
- In the MVS Console, in the left pane, expand Telephony Connectors.
- Click Add.
- In the Display Name field, type a name for the telephony connector.
- In the Type list, click the type of telephony connector that your organization uses.
- In the IP Address field, type the IP address of your organization's telephony connector.
- In the Line Port field, type the UDP port number that the PBX uses for SIP communications that are made on behalf of a specific telephone extension within your organization. This field only appears for some PBX types.
- In the Trunk Port field, type the UDP port number that the PBX uses for general SIP communications.
- In the Host Name field, type the host name or FQDN of the PBX. The default host name is the IP address.
- In the Registration Timeout field, type a time, in seconds, for how frequently BlackBerry devices register with the PBX.
- Select Early Media Negotiation if your organization's telephony infrastructure requires early media negotiation. For more information, refer to the online help.
- In the PBX Initiated Calling section, in the Number field, type an ANI number for the PBX. Click Add.
- In the Optional ANI numbers available for identifying BlackBerry MVS calls section, type any optional ANI numbers that the BlackBerry MVS Client can use to identify incoming BlackBerry MVS calls.
- In the Location list, click the location of your organization's telephony connector if this feature is required. The Location feature provides phone number normalization. The feature translates the globally unique E.164 number starting with a "+" to a locally significant number based on the location you select from the list. Normalization is applied to the called number of outgoing external calls that start with a plus sign. Use this feature when your organization's PBX does not support the plus sign or add the prefixes automatically.
- Click Save.
Next topic: Change a telephony connector
Previous topic: Managing telephony connectors