Configure BlackBerry MVS Only Calling
You can configure your organization's user accounts so that they can use only the BlackBerry MVS line and not the phone number that is provided by the wireless service provider so that no calls bypass the voice recording solution.
You must also type a phone number in the No Data Coverage Number field on the BlackBerry MVS Server page in the MVS Console. During times of network congestion, if an outgoing call takes too long to initiate, the BlackBerry device will use the no data coverage number to initiate the call. The no data coverage number must be unique and dedicated to the BlackBerry Mobile Voice System. The no data coverage number must also be different than the number that you use for the Telephony Connector DID/DDI Number and the number that you use for the PBX Initiated Calling Caller Identification Number.
- In the MVS Console, in the left pane, expand Class of Service.
- Click Manage.
- Click a class of service.
- In the BlackBerry MVS Only Calling section, select the Restrict calls to use only the BlackBerry MVS Line check box.
- In the After placing an Emergency Call, allow incoming calls to the Mobile line for a duration of (in minutes) field, type a number. You can permit inbound calls on the mobile line from 0 to 2880 minutes.
- Optionally, in the BlackBerry MVS Only Calling section, select a check box to turn off BlackBerry MVS Only Calling for incoming or outgoing calls when a user is roaming or not roaming.
- Click Save.