Report usage information using an HTTP proxy server
If your organization uses an HTTP proxy server to access the Internet, you can choose to report information about your organization's usage of the BlackBerry Social Networking Application Proxy to Research In Motion. The information includes API activities or the number of applications being used, and does not include any personal information. The BlackBerry Social Networking Application Proxy uses the HTTP proxy server to access the Internet to report the information.
- Open the BlackBerry Social Networking Application Proxy Administration Service by typing the following web address in a browser: https://<SNAP_server_name>:22446/snapconsole.
- On the Common Configuration menu, click Report Stats Proxy.
- In the Proxy Configuration section, type the host and port values for the proxy server.
- If necessary, select the Edit Credentials check box and type the login information that the BlackBerry Social Networking Application Proxy can use to access the proxy server.
- Click Submit Changes.
- On the File Transfer Service menu, click Service Management.
- In the Service Management section, click Restart Service.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.