Search This Document
- A caller within an organization uses a BlackBerry device to dial the extension number of another BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client creates a call establishment request, which includes the destination number. The BlackBerry MVS Client compresses and encrypts the call establishment request, and sends it to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server over the wireless network.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server decrypts and decompresses the call establishment request, and sends it to the MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector.
- The MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector sends the request to the MVS Session Manager.
- The MVS Session Manager sends a confirmation response to the BlackBerry device and, using a SIP trunk, requests that the PBX establish a call to the device using the mobile number.
- The PBX sends the call to the device over the PSTN and the wireless network using the caller ID number of the telephony connector as the ANI.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client receives the call. If the ANI in the incoming call matches the ANI that are specified in the Telephony Connector Caller Identification Number field or the Telephony Connector Optional ANI numbers fields of the MVS Console, or if no ANI exists, the BlackBerry MVS Client accepts the call. The BlackBerry MVS Client sends a verification code to the MVS Session Manager using DTMF tones.
- If no ANI value exists, the MVS Session Manager sends a verification code response to the device using DTMF tones. The MVS Session Manager, using a SIP line, requests that the PBX establish a call to the internal number using the extension number.
- The PBX determines that the extension number is internal to the organization and rings the extension number over the organization's LAN.
- The recipient answers the call at a desk phone.
- The MVS Session Manager uses DTMF tones to indicate that the call is connected to the device, and connects the SIP line call leg to the SIP trunk call leg. Voice communication occurs.
Next topic: Making a BlackBerry device–initiated call from a BlackBerry device to an internal number
Previous topic: Call flows - PBX