Search This Document
Process flow: Viewing content
- A BlackBerry® Pushcast™ Player user receives a notification email message when an author assigns content to the user.
- The BlackBerry Pushcast Player user must click the link in the notification email message on the BlackBerry device to install the BlackBerry Pushcast Player if it is not already installed.
- When the installation completes, the user clicks the BlackBerry Pushcast Player icon on the BlackBerry device to open the BlackBerry Pushcast Player.
- The BlackBerry® Pushcast™ Software receives an HTTPS request through the BlackBerry® Mobile Data System or the BlackBerry® Internet Service to authorize the BlackBerry device.
- The authorization process verifies the email address and device information on the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry Pushcast Player extracts all of the email addresses and device information from the BlackBerry device, encrypts the data, and then sends the data to the BlackBerry Pushcast Software.
- The BlackBerry Pushcast Software receives the encrypted email addresses and device information and authenticates the email address that belongs to the user.
- The BlackBerry Pushcast Software sends the content to the BlackBerry Pushcast Player on the BlackBerry device.
- The user selects content to view from the list in the BlackBerry Pushcast Player on the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry Pushcast Player retrieves the content from the cache on the BlackBerry device.
- The user views the content.
Next topic: Process flow: Sending content from the BlackBerry Pushcast Software to devices using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with BlackBerry MDS
Previous topic: Process flows