Enable the BlackBerry Social Networking Application Proxy for use with an HTTP proxy server to report usage information
If your organization uses an HTTP proxy server to access the Internet, you can choose to report usage information to Research In Motion®. The usage information includes API activities or the number of clients being used, but does not include any personal information. The BlackBerry® Social Networking Application Proxy uses the HTTP proxy server to access the Internet to report the usage information.
- Open the BlackBerry® Social Networking Application Proxy Administration Service by typing the following URL in a web browser: https://<SNAP_server_name>:22446/snapconsole.
- Under Common Configuration, click Report Stats Proxy.
- In the Proxy Configuration pane, type the values for the proxy server.
- Click Submit Changes.
- Under File Transfer Service, click Service Management.
- In the Service Management pane, click Restart Service.