Allow a trusted connection between the Microsoft SharePoint server and the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service
To allow a trusted connection between the BlackBerry® MDS Connection Service and the Microsoft® SharePoint® server, you must export the Microsoft SharePoint certificate to a file, and then import the certificate into the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service using the ImportCert utility. You must import the certificate into each BlackBerry® Enterprise Server instance running in a BlackBerry Domain.
To run the ImportCert utility, you need the proper permission. For Windows Server® 2008, the permission must be "Run as Administrator".
For more information about importing certificates, visit www.blackberry.com/go/kbhelp to read KB11623 and www.blackberry.com/go/serverdocs to read the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guide.
- Export the Microsoft
certificate to a certificate file by performing the following tasks:
- In a web browser, type the secure URL for Microsoft SharePoint.
- In the Security Alert dialog box, click View Certificate. If the Security Alert dialog box does not appear, double-click the lock icon or the web browser icon that signifies that the site is secure.
- In the Certificate dialog box, click the Details tab.
- Click Copy to File.
- In the Certificate Export Wizard, click Next.
- Select the Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER) option.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse to specify the location and name of the certificate file. You will use the certificate file name when you import the certificate.
- Click Save.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- On the server that hosts the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service, copy the certificate file into the current directory.
- Import the certificate into the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service by performing the following actions:
- Restart the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service.