The BlackBerry® Attachment Service accesses the BlackBerry Configuration Database to read attachment data using a Windows® account or a SQL authentication account. To limit the access that the BlackBerry Attachment Service account has to the tables in the BlackBerry Configuration Database, you can configure a BlackBerry Attachment Service account that has limited database permissions. This account is not the same as the account that the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express uses to access the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
Before you begin:
- In the Microsoft® SQL Server® management console, create a SQL login for the Windows account or SQL authentication account.
- Assign the account to the rim_db_AttachmentServer role in the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
- If you want the BlackBerry Attachment Service
to use a SQL authentication account to access the BlackBerry Configuration Database, perform the following actions:
- On the computer that you installed the BlackBerry Attachment Service on, log in using the Windows account that the BlackBerry Attachment Service is running on.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type regedit. Click OK.
- If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion.
- If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Research In Motion.
- Create the BBAttachServer\Database keys.
- In the Database key, create the Login and Password string values for the SQL authentication account.