Search This Document
Create instructions so that users can update the BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry Device Software update web site
You can create instructions for BlackBerry® device users so that they can update the BlackBerry® Device Software using a computer that is outside your organization's network.
Before you begin: Configure IT policy rules to permit users to update the BlackBerry Device Software from the update web site.
- Create an email message that specifies the address for the BlackBerry Device Software update web site. (www.blackberry.com/update)
- Include the following instructions in the email message:
- Navigate to the web site.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click Check for Updates.
- If you receive a prompt, type your device password. Click OK.
- Follow the online instructions. If you did not install the BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your computer, you receive a prompt to download the required application loader tool. After you install the application loader tool, you might need to restart your computer before you update the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Do not disconnect your device from your computer until the software update completes and the device activates all services.
- To verify that the update process completed, check the BlackBerry Device Software version information on the device in Options > About.
- Send the email message to users.
Previous topic: Configure IT policy rules to permit users to update the BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry Device Software update web site