Search This Document
Create the BlackBerry Device Software update instructions for users that use the BlackBerry Desktop Software
You can create update instructions for users so that they can update the BlackBerry® Device Software on their computers using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.
Before you begin:
- Create an email message that specifies the location of the shared network folder.
- Consider providing the following instructions in the email message:
- Install the BlackBerry Device Software on your computer.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, use the application loader tool to update the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Do not disconnect your device from your computer until the update process completes.
- If prompted, type your device password. Click Next.
- If the device uses a serial connection, complete the instructions on the screen.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express Express for Microsoft® Exchange or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express Express for IBM® Lotus® Domino®, if prompted, select the Provision the device during the loading process option. Select the messaging server that the user account is located on.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express Express for Novell® GroupWise®, if prompted, select the Do not provision the device during the loading process option. After the update completes, activate the device over the wireless network.
- Send the email message.
Next topic: Permitting users to update the BlackBerry Device Software using the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager
Previous topic: Configure email settings for the BlackBerry Desktop Software