By default, to reduce the workload on the Microsoft® Exchange Server, the BlackBerry® Messaging Agent 5.0 SP2 or later does not write statistics to each user's Microsoft® Exchange mailbox when it processes email messages. If you want the BlackBerry Messaging Agent to function as it did in previous versions, you can permit the BlackBerry Messaging Agent to write statistics to each user's Microsoft Exchange mailbox. Permitting the BlackBerry Messaging Agent to write statistics might have an impact on the performance of your organization's BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express environment and the Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Copy the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express installation files to a computer that hosts a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express instance.
- Extract the contents to a folder on the computer.
- At the command prompt, navigate to the folder that contains the TraitTool.exe file.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To permit all BlackBerry Messaging Agent instances to write statistics to users' Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, type TraitTool -global -trait ExchangeEnableWriteUserStatsToMailbox -set true.
- To permit all BlackBerry Messaging Agent instances that are associated with a specific BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express to write statistics to users' Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, type TraitTool -server <server_name> -trait ExchangeEnableWriteUserStatsToMailbox -set true.
- Press ENTER.
Next topic: Managing BlackBerry CAL keys
Previous topic: BlackBerry Enterprise Trait Tool traits