Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Administration Service pools
BlackBerry Administration Service instances located in different network segments are not connecting to each other
If BlackBerry® Administration Service instances are located in different network segments that are separated by a firewall, the firewall can block the dynamic ports on the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- Make sure that you configured the BlackBerry Administration Service instances to communicate across network subnets using TCP with TCP ping, instead of multicast UDP.
- On each computer that hosts a BlackBerry Administration Service instance, navigate to <drive>:\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\server\default\conf.
- In a text editor, open service-port-bindings.xml.
- Move the line <attribute name ="secondaryBindPort'">xyz</attribute> that is located inside the comment tags outside of the comment tags.
- Change xyz to an available port, for example port 14458.
- Add the port that you configured in step 5 to the firewall.