When you complete certain tasks, you need to restart one or more BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express components. You restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components using the BlackBerry Administration Service or Windows® services.
MDS Connection Service
- On each computer that hosts the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express component, in the Windows® Services, restart the services for the component.
- If you want to restart all of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components, you must restart the Windows
Services in the following order:
- BlackBerry Administration Service - Application Server
- BlackBerry Administration Service - Native Code Container
- BlackBerry Mail Store Service
- BlackBerry MDS Connection Service
- BlackBerry Dispatcher
- BlackBerry Attachment Service
- BlackBerry Controller
- All of the remaining services for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components
Best practice: Restarting more than one BlackBerry Administration Service instance
To restart all BlackBerry® Administration Service instances without issues, the best practice is to stop all instances before you begin restarting the instances.
If you must keep at least one BlackBerry Administration Service instance running while you restart all instances, you should restart the instances one at a time and verify that each instance that you restart is running before you restart the next instance.