Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Monitoring Service connections
A user cannot log in to the BlackBerry Monitoring Service
If your organization's environment includes a firewall located between the BlackBerry® Administration Service and BlackBerry Monitoring Service, the firewall can block the JNDI delegate port on the BlackBerry Administration Service. By default, the JNDI delegate port is configured to 0 (any port).
- On the computer that hosts a BlackBerry Administration Service instance, navigate to <drive>:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\server\default\conf.
- In a text editor, open service-port-bindings.xml.
- In the paragraph cluster-service.xml, uncomment the line <attribute name="RmiPort">11101</attribute>. The port number can be port 11101 or any port from port 1000 to port 5000.
- Comment out the line <attribute name="RmiPort">0</attribute>.
- Add the JNDI delegate port that you configured in step 3 to the firewall.