Synchronizing contact pictures
By default, the BlackBerry® Synchronization Service synchronizes pictures that a user adds to contact entries in their contact list between the BlackBerry device and the email applications on their computer. A user can add, delete, and change pictures in the email applications on the computer or on the BlackBerry device.
Turn off synchronization of contact pictures for a user account
Verify that you turned on the mappings for organizer data synchronization for a specific user account.
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
- Click Manage users.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the display name for the user account.
- Click Edit user.
- In the Messaging configuration section, click Default configuration.
- On the Mappings for organizer data synchronization tab, in the Additional mappings section, in the Picture drop-down list, click None.
- Click Continue to user information edit.
- Click Save all.