You can use the Enterprise Service Policy to control which BlackBerry® devices can connect to a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. By default, after you turn on the Enterprise Service Policy, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server permits connections from any device that you previously associated with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server also prevents connections from any device that you associate with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server after you turn on the Enterprise Service Policy.
You can configure an allowed list to determine which devices can access a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. A device that meets the criteria that you specify in the allowed list can associate with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server when the device activates over the wireless network.
You can permit a user to override the Enterprise Service Policy so that a device can connect to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server even if you configure the allowed list with criteria that exclude that device.
For more information, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guide.
Turn on the Enterprise Service Policy
Configure the Enterprise Service Policy
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view.
- Click BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Click Edit component.
- In the Enterprise Service Policy section, in the Allowed drop-down lists, click Yes for each BlackBerry device model that you want to permit to access the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- To add a new BlackBerry device, on the Add new allowed PINs tab, in the New allowed PINs field, type the PIN for the BlackBerry device. Click the Add icon.
- To remove a BlackBerry device from the list, on the Remove existing allowed PINs tab, search for the PIN for the BlackBerry device. In the search results, select the PIN for the BlackBerry device.
- Click Save All.
Permit a user to override the Enterprise Service Policy
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
- Click Manage users.
- Search for a user account.
- Click the display name for the user account.
- Click Edit user.
- On the Component information tab, in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server information section, in the Enterprise service policy override drop-down list, click Yes.
- Click Save All.