Changing when a device cleans the device memory
To change when the memory cleaner application runs, you can use IT policies or the user can turn on or turn off the memory cleaner application in the Security options on the device.
- You or the user turns on content protection on the device.
- An application uses the RIM® Cryptographic API to create a private key or symmetric key.
- An application that registers with the memory cleaner application requires that memory cleaning application be turned on.
- The device user installs the S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerry® smartphones on the device and a private key exists on the device.
- The user installs the PGP® Support Package for BlackBerry® smartphones on the device and a private key exists on the device.
If you or the user turns on the memory cleaner application, Java® based garbage collection process uses the memory cleaner application automatically. The garbage collection process overwrites data that the device no longer uses.
For more information about the IT policy rules that you can use to change when the memory cleaner application runs, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Policy Reference Guide.