If the MAPI and CDO client version 6.5.8022 was installed without uninstalling previous versions of the MAPI and CDO client (including the associated .DLL files), users might experience unexpected behavior with message lists and calendars on BlackBerry® devices.
For more information about Microsoft® Exchange Server MAPI Client and CDO version 1.2.1, visit www.microsoft.com.
- In the Windows® Services, stop the services for the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and any processes that use the MAPI and CDO client.
- Remove the MAPI and CDO client version 6.5.8022.
- Verify that the following files are not present in C:\Windows\System32 or any other directory in the environment path:
- In C:\Windows\System32, run the FixMapi.exe application.
- Install the MAPI and CDO client version 6.5.8022.
- Restart the services for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and any processes that use the MAPI and CDO client.
If you run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server setup application after you complete the possible solution, when the setup application displays the preinstallation checklist, an error message indicates that the setup application could not detect the MAPI and CDO client. The setup application displays this error message because you installed the MAPI and CDO client version 6.5.8022 in a different directory than the directory that you installed it in for previous versions. The error mesage does not prevent the BlackBerry Enterprise Server setup application from completing the installation process successfully.