Search This Document
- Verify that the Windows® account that you use to install the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software is assigned the local administrator permission on the computer that you perform the installation process on.
- Verify that the Windows account that you want to use to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software is not a member of the Domain Admins group in Microsoft® Active Directory®.
- In a Microsoft® Exchange 2003 environment, to start the MAPI subsystem, open the Microsoft Exchange System Manager.
- If your organization's domain controllers are running on Windows Server® 2008, verify that the number of NSPI connections that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server can make to the Microsoft® Exchange Server meets the requirements of your organization. For more information, visit www.blackberry.com/btsc to read article KB17325 and visit support.microsoft.com to read article 949469.
- Retrieve the following information:
- BlackBerry® CAL key
- SRP host (in BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0 and later, the format of the SRP host is different from earlier versions)
- SRP identifier
- SRP key
- computer name and port number of the instant messaging server (For Microsoft® Office Live Communications Server 2005 and Microsoft® Office Communications Server 2007 use the virtual server name and port number where the AJAX service is installed.)
- computer name and port number of the proxy server (if applicable)
- Add the blackberry.net domain to the permitted lists in the antivirus application or anti-spam application that the messaging server or gateway uses.
- Verify that the computer has access to www.blackberry.com (optional).
- If your organization uses a proxy server for Internet access, get the credentials for the proxy server.
- Verify that you installed the appropriate languages and text services on the computer that you use to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- If you want to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 Express Edition SP3 on a computer that does not host any BlackBerry Enterprise Server components, you can navigate to the Tools folder in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation files and run Sqlexpr.exe.
- If you are installing the BlackBerry Administration Service, verify that the computers that host the BlackBerry Administration Service and BlackBerry Configuration Database are not separated by a WAN bridge.
- If you are performing the installation on a computer that has more than one NIC, verify that the production NIC is first in the bind order in the Windows network settings.
Previous topic: Installing the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software