Search This Document
Configure the Microsoft DTC for a two-server environment
To establish communication between the Microsoft® IIS server and the Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services server, you must configure the Microsoft® DTC when you install the Chalk™ Pushcast™ Software. In an environment that includes two servers, you must configure the Microsoft DTC on the server that you installed the Chalk Pushcast Software on and the server that you installed the database on.
For more information about configuring the Microsoft DTC, visit support.microsoft.com to read article KB817064.
- On the Chalk Pushcast server and database server, click Start > Control Panel > Adminsitrative Tools > Component Services.
- In the left pane, click Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer.
- Right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- On the MSDTC tab, click Security Configuration.
- Verify that the Network DTC Access check box is selected.
- Verify that the Allow Remote Clients check box is selected.
- Verify that the Allow Inbound check box is selected.
- Verify that the Allow Outbound check box is selected.
- Verify that the No Authentication Required option is selected.
- Verify that the Enable XA Transactions check box is selected.
- In the DTC Logon Account section, make sure that the Account field includes the text NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService.
- Click OK.
MSDTC tab, perform the following actions:
- On the Chalk Pushcast server, in the Default Coordinator section, clear the Use local coordinator check box.
- On the Chalk Pushcast server, in the Remote host field, type the NetBIOS or domain name for the Microsoft® SQL Server®.
- Click OK.
Previous topic: Save the Chalk Pushcast Software files to the computer