Search This Document
Configure the Microsoft DTC for a one-server environment
To establish communication between the Microsoft® IIS server and the Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services server, you must configure the Microsoft® DTC when you install the Chalk™ Pushcast™ Software. You must complete the following task on the server that you install the Chalk Pushcast Software on.
For more information about configuring the Microsoft DTC, visit support.microsoft.com to read article KB817064.
- On the Chalk Pushcast server, click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services.
- In the left pane, click Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer.
- Right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- On the MSDTC tab, click Security Configuration.
- In the Security Settings section, select the Network DTC Access check box.
- Verify that the Allow Remote Clients check box is selected.
- Verify that the Allow Inbound check box is selected.
- Verify that the Allow Outbound check box is selected.
- Verify the No Authentication Required option.
- Verify that the Enable XA Transactions check box is selected.
- In the DTC Logon Account section, make sure that the Account field includes the text NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService.
- Click OK.
- On the MSDTC tab, in the Default Coordinator section, make sure that the Use local coordinator check box is selected.
- Click OK.
Previous topic: Save the Chalk Pushcast Software files to the computer