- data protection using encryption algorithms, highly secure protocols, and authentication policies
- control of the BlackBerry devices that connect to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- control of BlackBerry devices and the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, which includes the functionality to send wireless commands, IT policies, and application control policies, and to enforce passwords
- support for LDAP, S/MIME, and SSL/TLS connections
- control of third-party application downloads on a BlackBerry device
- control of application behavior on a BlackBerry device
- control of lost and stolen BlackBerry devices
For more information about the security features, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution Security Technical Overview for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 4.1 Service Pack 4 and BlackBerry Device Software Version 4.2 Service Pack 2.