If you add a new version of a BlackBerry® MDS Runtime Application or BlackBerry® Browser Application to the BlackBerry MDS Application Repository, the previous version of the application is no longer available for installation. If you send an update request for a BlackBerry MDS Runtime Application to BlackBerry devices, users are given the option to update the application. If you want to update the BlackBerry MDS Runtime Application on BlackBerry devices without giving users the option to decline the update, send an install request for the new version of the application to BlackBerry devices. When you send an update request for a BlackBerry Browser Application to BlackBerry devices, users are not given the option to decline the update.
Before you begin: Add a new version of a BlackBerry MDS Runtime Application or BlackBerry Browser Application to the BlackBerry MDS Application Repository.
- In the BlackBerry MDS Application Console, on the MDS Application management menu, click Application Directory.
- Search for an application.
- In the search results, click the Upgrade icon for an application.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
- Click Search users for upgrade.
- Select the BlackBerry devices that you want to update the application on.
- Click Next.
- To specify when to update the application on BlackBerry devices, select the Schedule for later option.
- If necessary, in the Schedule date field, specify the date to update the application.
- If necessary, in the Schedule time drop-down lists, specify the time to update the application.
- In the Group size field, type the number of BlackBerry devices that you want to send the update request to at the same time. The default value is 10.
- In the Push interval field, type an interval for the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service to send the update request to BlackBerry devices. The default value is 5 minutes.
- Click Proceed to upgrade.