Sending an IT policy over the wireless network
If your organization's environment includes C++ based BlackBerry® devices that are running BlackBerry® Device Software version 2.5 or later or Java® based BlackBerry devices that are running BlackBerry Device Software version 3.6 or later, the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server can send changes to IT policies to a BlackBerry device over the wireless network automatically. When the BlackBerry device receives an updated IT policy or a new IT policy, the BlackBerry device, BlackBerry® Desktop Software, and BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager apply the configuration changes immediately.
By default, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is designed to resend an IT policy to the BlackBerry device within a short period of time after you update the IT policy using the BlackBerry Administration Service. You can also resend an IT policy to a specific BlackBerry device manually. You can configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to resend the IT policy to the BlackBerry device at scheduled intervals regardless of whether you changed the IT policy.
Resend an IT policy to a BlackBerry device manually
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
- Click Manage users.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the display name for the user account.
- On the Policies tab, click View resolved IT policy data.
- Click Resend IT policy to a device.
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution topology.
- Expand BlackBerry Domain > Component view.
- In the Policy section, click an instance.
- Click Edit instance.
- In the General section, in the Policy resend interval (hours) field, type an interval that you want the BlackBerry device to resend the IT policy at.
- Click Save All.