Protect a lost device
If a user misplaces a BlackBerry® device or if a device is stolen, you can protect the data on the device by locking the device or making it unavailable.
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
- Click Manage users.
- Search for a user account.
- In the search results, click the PIN for the user account.
- In the Device activation section, click Specify new device password and lock device.
- Type and confirm an activation password. For devices that are running BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.1 and earlier, the password must not contain special characters. Some devices do not support special characters and do not unlock when a user types a password that contains special characters.
- Click Specify new device password and lock device.
Previous topic: Protect a stolen BlackBerry device