To configure BlackBerry® Collaboration Service high availability, you can create a BlackBerry Collaboration Service pool for each BlackBerry® Enterprise Server by associating multiple BlackBerry Collaboration Service instances with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. By default, the BlackBerry Collaboration Service instance at the top of the pool list is the instance that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server assigns the active connection to. If the instance with the active connection stops responding, the BlackBerry Collaboration Service tries to connect to the next instance in the pool list.
For more information, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Planning Guide.
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view > BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- If you configured BlackBerry Enterprise Server pairs, expand the appropriate pair name.
- Click the name of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server instance that you want to assign the BlackBerry Collaboration Service pool to.
- Click Edit instance.
- Click one of the following tabs, depending on which instant messaging server that you installed in your organization's environment:
- In the list of current instances, add the BlackBerry Collaboration Service instances to the pool.
- Click Save all.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 for each BlackBerry Enterprise Server instance in your organization's environment that you want to configure to use a BlackBerry Collaboration Service pool.