You can turn on the Enterprise Service Policy to control which BlackBerry® devices can connect to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. After you turn on the Enterprise Service Policy, by default, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server prevents connections from new BlackBerry devices that you associate with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server; however, it permits connections from BlackBerry devices that users already activated on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The Enterprise Service Policy also applies to devices with BlackBerry® Connect™ software, devices with BlackBerry® Built-In™ software, and devices that are running the BlackBerry® Application Suite.
You can use the Enterprise Service Policy to create allowed lists that control the BlackBerry devices that users can activate on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, over the wireless network, or over a serial connection. BlackBerry devices that match the allowed list criteria can complete the activation process on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
You can define the following types of criteria:
You can also control access to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server based on specific manufacturers and models of BlackBerry devices. The BlackBerry Administration Service includes lists of permitted manufacturers and models based on the properties of the BlackBerry devices that are associated with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. You can clear items in these lists to prevent further connections by BlackBerry devices of a specific manufacturer or model.
You can permit a specific user to override the Enterprise Service Policy so that the user can connect to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server even if the user's BlackBerry device matches criteria that you exclude from the allowed list.
Turn on the Enterprise Service Policy
Configure the Enterprise Service Policy
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view.
- Click BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Click Edit component.
- In the Enterprise Service Policy section, in the Allowed drop-down list, click Yes for each BlackBerry device model that you want to permit to access the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- To add a new BlackBerry device, on the Add New Allowed PINs tab, in the New Allowed PINs field, type the PIN for the BlackBerry device. Click the Add icon.
- To remove a BlackBerry device from the list, on the Removing Existing Allowed Pins tab, in the PINs section, select the PIN for the BlackBerry device.
- Click Save All.
Permit a user to override the Enterprise Service Policy
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User.
- Click Manage users.
- Search for a user account.
- Click the display name for the user account.
- Click Edit user.
- On the Component information tab, in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server information section, in the Enterprise service policy override drop-down list, click True.
- Click Save All.