Permitting users to access intranet sites on BlackBerry devices using global login information
To permit users to access intranet sites on BlackBerry® devices without having to specify their user names and passwords, you can configure a global user name and password. When users try to access an intranet site, the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service checks to see if you configured global login information, and validates the login information. If authentication succeeds, users can access intranet sites without providing their user names and passwords. If authentication fails, users must type their user names and passwords before they can access intranet sites.
Configure global login information for intranet site access
- In the BlackBerry® Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view.
- Click MDS Connection Service.
- On the HTTP tab, click Edit component.
- In the Protocol Service Information section, in the Support HTTP Authentication drop-down list, click True.
- In the Name section, type a global name, and type the web address of the intranet site.
- In the Settings section, type a user name and password.
- Click Save all.