Search This Document
- Verify that the Windows® account that you use to upgrade the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express software is the same account that you used to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software.
- Delete inactive user accounts from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.
- The BlackBerry Configuration Database and all BlackBerry Administration Service instances in the BlackBerry Domain must run the same version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software. Before you upgrade the BlackBerry Configuration Database, you must stop the BlackBerry Administration Service services that run on all other computers in the BlackBerry Domain until you upgrade the computers.
- Install or upgrade the BlackBerry Administration Service on the computer that you perform the upgrade process on in the BlackBerry Domain first.
- Back up the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express databases. The setup application also gives you the option to do this during the installation process.
- If you configured database replication for the BlackBerry Configuration Database, turn database replication off during the upgrade process to avoid possible errors.
- If you installed the BlackBerry database notification system on a remote Microsoft® SQL Server®, upgrade the BlackBerry database notification system manually.
- If you want to install Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 Express Edition SP3 on a computer that does not host any BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components, you can navigate to the Tools folder in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express installation files and run Sqlexpr.exe.
- If you install the BlackBerry Administration Service, verify that a WAN bridge does not separate the computers that host the BlackBerry Administration Service and BlackBerry Configuration Database.
- If you perform the upgrade on a computer that has more than one NIC, verify that the production NIC is first in the bind order in Windows network settings.
Previous topic: Applications that are installed with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components