Configuring the IT Policy Viewer icon on a device
The IT policy viewer permits a BlackBerry® device user to view IT policy rules that were configured for a BlackBerry device that is running BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0 or later. Only devices that you activate on a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server include the IT policy viewer.
The IT policy viewer can display IT policy rules from the following policy groups:
- Camera policy group
- Password policy group
- Security policy group (except for the Forbidden Passwords IT policy rule and Duress Notification Address IT policy rule)
The IT policy viewer can also display the following IT policy rules:
- Disable Voice Note Recording IT policy rule
- Password Required IT policy rule
- Minimum Password Length IT policy rule
- Maximum Password Age IT policy rule
- Password Pattern Checks IT policy rule
- Disable Bluetooth IT policy rule
To open the IT policy viewer, in the Security options on the device, a user can click View IT Policy. A user can also change the device options so that the IT Policy Viewer icon appears in a folder that the user chooses on the device. To require that the IT Policy Viewer Icon appears in a folder on the device, you can use the Force Display IT Policy Viewer Icon on Homescreen IT policy rule.