Best practice: Testing a new version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Before you upgrade to or install a new version of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server in your organization's environment, you can test it using the BlackBerry® Performance Engineering Resource Kit. With a test, you can verify that the hardware is robust enough for your organization's needs, verify that the configuration of components meets your organization's needs, and troubleshoot potential issues with your organization's planned environment.
Consider the following guidelines:
- Establish a baseline using the existing version of your organization's BlackBerry Enterprise Server and the testing hardware. You can use the baseline to determine what percentage of the changes in efficiency are strictly due to hardware.
- If the new version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has features that your organization is not currently using, create workload profiles that turn on the features.
- Install the new version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server in your test environment. Use the same method of installation that you use to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server in your organization's environment.
- Run tests using light, medium, and heavy workloads.
- Run multiple tests with a single workload profile to gain significant information for each workload.