Search This Document
A standalone BlackBerry® Router is a BlackBerry Router that is hosted by a computer that does not host any other BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express components except the BlackBerry Controller. The BlackBerry Controller monitors the BlackBerry Router and restarts the BlackBerry Router if it stops responding.
Note: You cannot manage the BlackBerry Controller that monitors a standalone BlackBerry Router in the BlackBerry Administration Service. You must manage the BlackBerry Controller in the BlackBerry Configuration Panel on the computer that hosts the standalone BlackBerry Router.
- Log in to the computer using the Windows® account that you want to use to run the BlackBerry Router.
- In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express installation files, double-click setup.exe. If your operating system is Windows Server® 2008 or Windows® Small Business Server 2008, run setup.exe as an administrator.
- Accept the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express license agreement. Click Next.
- In the Setup type dialog box, select Install a standalone BlackBerry Router.
- In the Setup options dialog box, accept the default selection. Click Next.
- In the Preinstallation checklist dialog box, perform one of the following actions:
- In the Accounts and folders dialog box, type the Windows account password. Click Next.
- In the Summary dialog box, verify the setup information.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- When the setup application prompts you to restart the computer, click Yes.
- Log in to the computer using the same account that you used in step 1.
- In the BlackBerry CAL and SRP information dialog box, verify that the information is correct. If you change any information, click Verify to verify that the changed information is correct .
- In the Start services dialog box, click Start Services. You are notified as each of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express services starts. Click Next.
- In the Console addresses dialog box, copy the web addresses for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components and paste them into a document for future reference. You can use the web addresses to log in to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express components that you installed.
- Click Finish.
Next topic: Postinstallation tasks
Previous topic: Install a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express component on a computer that is separate from the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express