Search This Document
Specify web address patterns
You can create pull rules that specify which web address patterns users can and cannot use to access web servers from the BlackBerry® Browser and other applications on their BlackBerry devices. To create a pull rule, you must first specify web address patterns (for example, specify addresses with domains that are allowed). You can then assign the web address patterns to a pull rule that you create, and specify whether access to web servers that match the web address patterns is allowed or restricted on BlackBerry devices. After you create a pull rule, you must assign it to user accounts or user groups.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click BlackBerry Domain.
- On the Global tab, click Edit Properties.
- In the left pane, click Access Control.
- Double-click URL Patterns.
- Click New.
- Double-click URL pattern.
- Type the web address pattern of the web server that the pull rule controls access to.
- Click Service Name.
- In the drop-down list, click the service that the web address pattern is bound to.
- Click OK.
Create web address patterns that match each web server that you want to allow users to access. Create a pull rule that allows access to web servers that match the web address patterns.