Search This Document
Send an application to a BlackBerry device over the wireless network
To send an application over the wireless network, your organization's IT policy must permit third-party applications on BlackBerry devices.
You can send a BlackBerry® Java Application, the collaboration client, and the BlackBerry® MDS Runtime over the wireless network to supported BlackBerry devices that have 16 MB or more of flash memory. In the next configured application polling interval, the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server searches for BlackBerry devices that do not have all required applications installed, and sends the applications. The default polling interval is 4 hours.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click BlackBerry Domain.
- On the Software Configurations tab, click a software configuration.
- Click Edit Configuration.
- Click the application that you want to send over the wireless network.
- In the Delivery drop-down list, click Wireless.
- To make sure that the application remains installed on a BlackBerry device, change the Disposition application control policy to Required.
- Click OK.