Search This Document
Protect a lost BlackBerry device that a user might recover
If a BlackBerry® device is lost but the user might recover it, you can protect the BlackBerry device by scheduling it to start deleting all user information and application data and become unavailable after a period of time that you specify. You can also specify whether the user can cancel the scheduled command if the user recovers the BlackBerry device.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
- On the Users tab, click a user account.
- Click IT Admin.
- Click Erase Data and Disable Handheld.
- Click Yes.
- Type the number of hours that you want to pass before the BlackBerry device starts deleting user information and application data.
- To allow the user to cancel the scheduled command on the BlackBerry device if the user recovers it, select the check box.
- Click OK.