Search This Document
Preparing a BlackBerry device for redistribution
Before you reissue a BlackBerry® device to a new user, delete application data from the BlackBerry device, and then replace the applications on the BlackBerry device.
- Choose a method to delete the previous user’s application data from the BlackBerry device and make the BlackBerry device unavailable to that user before assigning the BlackBerry device to a new user.
- Replace the applications
on the BlackBerry
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer on which the BlackBerry Manager is installed.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click Local Ports (Device Management).
- In the Connection list, click a connection.
- Click Load Device (Interactive).
- Click a software configuration.
- Click OK.
- In the Device Software Configuration Screen, clear the check boxes beside the applications to remove, and select the check boxes beside the applications to install.
- Complete the application loader wizard.