Search This Document
Install the BlackBerry Device Software or BlackBerry Applications on a BlackBerry device using the BlackBerry Manager
If you want to save network bandwidth, or if you want to install the BlackBerry® Device Software or add applications to BlackBerry devices before you distribute the BlackBerry devices to users, you can use the BlackBerry Manager to complete the installation process.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Manager.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click BlackBerry Domain.
- On the Software Configurations tab, click a software configuration.
- Click Edit Configuration.
- Click the software or application that you want to install on the BlackBerry device.
- In the Delivery drop-down list, click Wireline only.
- To make sure that the application remains installed on a BlackBerry device, change the Disposition application control policy to Required.
- Click OK.